Non-surgical laser treatments
Er:YAG Gynaecology-specific non-ablative Lasers
Non-surgical laser treatments launched by Fotona. The lasers include IncontiLaseTM, IntimaLaseTM, ProlapLaseTM, RenovaLase® , for treating different health conditions.
Generally speaking Laser Treatment
- Utilizes an optimal laser wavelength that is absorbed within a few microns of mucosal tissue, thus avoiding any damage to deeper-lying tissues and organs.
- Delivers optical energy in temporary optimally¬ spaced, short laser pulses in order to prevent temperature build-up at the surface and to achieve homogenous heating within a several hundred micron thick superficial layer of the mucosal tissue.
- Treats the mucosal tissue in a smooth, almost “Feather Like” non-ablative manner, without any bleeding and with a precisely controlled temperature deposition that eliminates the risk of tissue damage.
- A special attachment similar to a speculum is inserted into the vagina and the entire vaginal region is treated with short laser pulses through a small hand piece.
- You can leave immediately after the procedure and continue your daily routine. There may be some minimal sensitivity after the procedure and a transparent discharge for 2-3 days afterwards. Sexual intercourse is not recommended for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Generally, two treatment sessions, 4 weeks apart can achieve long-lasting improvements. However, some patients may need more sessions as the natural ageing process continues. Results may vary from patient to patient.
- The extracts of various research and detailed information booklets are available at our reception for your perusal; the brochure is for basic awareness purpose only. Consent and post-treatment paperwork is provided on the day of your appointment.
For TGA approval, click here.
- Walk-in/walk-out procedure, no anaesthesia needed
- Incisionless, minimally invasive
- Quick and easy to perform
Gynaecological Lasers are a new treatment. There is not enough research data available regarding the efficacy and side effects of laser treatments. The risks are unknown.
Patients are requested to make own choice by considering above information when choosing these treatments.
The link is https://www.fotona.com/en/products/2030/fotonasmooth-xs/.
If you wish to have complete research papers for perusal, please let us know and we will try to arrange through Fotona where possible.
SUI is leaking of urine of varying severity during coughing, laughing, sneezing or physical exertion, due to the weakening of the urethral closing mechanism.
Main contributing factors:
- Vaginal child birth
IncontiLaseTM Treatment For mild and moderate, stress and mixed urinary incontinence:
Precisely controlled laser- induced thermal effects in the mucosa tissue in the region if the vestibule, urethral orifice and along the anterior vaginal wall.
In a study performed on 155 women, 95% of patients were incontinence free for 12 months after treatment and a substantial improvement in a quality of life, while 5% still had mild SUI.
Vaginal Relaxation Syndrome (VRS)
VRS is loss of optimum structural form of the vagina or laxity of vaginal wall. It is generally due to stretching of vaginal canal during child birth and natural ageing.
Laser induced thermal effects to the vaginal mucosa tissue and to collagen rich endopelvic fascia stimulates collagen remodelling and combination of new collagen fibres.
Vaginal atrophy is the thinning of the vaginal wall that occurs post menopause due to loss of collagen.
- Vaginal itchiness or burning
- Vulval pain
- Painful sexual intercourse for women
The RenovaLase® treatment is based on laser- induced controlled mild heating of the vaginal tissue, which stimulates favourable changes in the tropism of the vaginal mucosa, regeneration of tissue and collagen formation without thermal or ablative damage.
ProlapLaseTM Treatment has been found useful in treating pelvic organ prolapse including Cystocele, Rectocele, uterine and vaginal vault prolapse